WELCOME to Girls' Tennis at Highland Park Senior High School!
All-we will be having Lifetouch coming to the courts for picture day this Friday 9/18. We will have a team picture taken, with masks on, and individual pictures available for all girls as well. The following link http://my.lifetouch.com/mylifetouch/pictureDayId/EVTRSVRV3will bring you to the HP Lifetouch ordering page, so no need for a paper copy (I will send some copies home when I receive).
August 17th: Offical Practice start date October 17th: end date for varsity (JV will be done end of September) Maximum # of matches: 11 (6 conference matches with additional SPPS varsity playoffs at end of season. There will be no non-conference matches this season) Maximum # of matches per week: 2 matches per week Dual Meets only: no tournaments this year (2 teams maximum per match) Individual Sections: none Spectators: as of now there will be no spectators at fall sports
Season Starts August 17, 2020. You must have all paperwork and fees turned in online to the Athletic Office. When that is complete, you should receive an email notification letting you know if everything is good or if you need to complete or turn something else in.
**Physicals-check to make sure you physicals are up to date and do not expire during the season!! Physicals are good for 3 years from the exam date! Check with your doctor for last date!
Check here (or below) for registration materials and other sports information: https://sppshighlandparkhighschool.rschoolteams.com/
First two weeks of practice August 17th- 21st and 24th-28th times are as follows: Varsity Practice with Coach Shaw & Coach Crosby: 8:00-11:00AM JV Practice with Coach Grundhoefer and Coach Winkelaar 3:00-4:30PM
Week 3 and rest of school year:
Mondays: Varsity 3:30-5:00, JV 5:00-6:30
Tuesdays: Varsity 3:30-5:30 (on non-match days), JV off
Wednesdays: Varsity 3:30-5:00, JV 5:00-6:30
Thursdays: Varsity 3:30-5:30 (on non-match days), JV off
Fridays: Varsity off (except 9/4), JV 3:30-5:00 (no practice 9/4)
*If you know you will be gone for any practice dates please email myself or Coach Grundhoefer in addition to letting us know at practice! *Transportation: as you are aware, we will be starting the school year with distance learning. Practices will be after distance learning, and as of now you will need to find transportation that will bring you to and from practice (I will update you on this if it changes)
Guidelines for practices, among other things:
1) 6 feet social distancing
2) Questionnaire asked daily for those attending and filled out by captain/s for record keeping
3) maximum of 10 girls on a set of courts
4) hand sanitizer and tennis balls/hoppers will be in shed and need to be put out each day
5) football stadium bathroom only open restroom available
6) Individual water bottles, no team cooler
7) mask worn into and out of court (individual option during practice)
These are the stipulations/guidelines that must be met, along with the SPPS guidelines, in order for us to proceed on Monday. We are asking more of you all this year, in order to stay safe and have practices. Please discuss/review these plans and guidelines with your parent/s. If you or your parent shave any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to email me.
Below are some additional guidelines that were sent out with the summer sessions information.
PREPARING TO PLAY
• Protect against infections:
o Wash your hands with soap and water (for 20 seconds or longer), or use a hand sanitizer if soap and water are not readily available, before going to the court.
o Clean and wipe down your equipment, including racquets and water bottles. Do not share racquets or any other equipment such as wristbands, grips, hats and towels.
o Bring a full water bottle/s. There will be no group water cooler or water fountain available.
o When not actively playing (coming and going), please adhere to all proper personal protective equipment (PPE) and facemask protocols.
o If you need to sneeze or cough, do so into a tissue or upper sleeve.
o Arrive 5-10 minutes before your session starts! Remember, if you are late, you will not be allowed to practice!
o Avoid touching court gates, fences, benches, etc., if you can.
• Try to stay at least six feet apart from other players. Do not make physical contact with them (such as shaking hands or a high five).
• When playing doubles, coordinate with your partner to maintain physical distancing.
• Avoid touching your face after handling a ball, racquet or other equipment. Sanitize your hands promptly if you have touched your eyes, nose or mouth.
• Avoid sharing food, drinks or towels.
• Use your racquet/foot to pick up balls and hit them to your opponent. Avoid using your hands to pick up the balls.
• Maintain physical distancing if changing ends of the court.
• Remain apart from other players when taking a break.
• If a ball from another court comes to you, send it back with a kick or with your racquet.
• Leave the court as soon as reasonably possible.
• Wash your hands thoroughly or use a hand sanitizer after coming off the court.
• Do not use the locker room or changing area. Shower at home.
• No extra-curricular or social activity should take place. No congregation after playing.
• All players should leave the facility immediately after play.
Registration: All students must pre-register. Parents and players are required to read the attached document. In person registration is not accepted, due to tracking and tracing practices. Please download the registration form and/or print out PAGE 4 of the form (SPPS Summer Guidelines & Stay Safe MN Order) on your IPAD and have you and your parent sign and send back to me @ Michael.email@example.com
Note: Failure to adhere to expectations/procedures/guidelines as outlined below will result in the student athlete being immediately dismissed from the program.
**After reading the SPPS Guidelines and the STAY SAFE MN Order on the attached document, please read the safety guidelines specific to our tennis practices this summer below..
Daily Tennis Guidelines @ HP High School:
1) Coaches will meet participants (6 feet distance), one at a time (socially distanced outside court), at the gate entrance to the court and ask the Covid questionnaire before they are allowed to enter. Answers will be recorded on paper for tracking purposes.
2) Participants will enter court with masks on and with their tennis gear through gate after questionnaire is passed.
3) Participants will use hand sanitizer upon entering the court and before placing gear down.
4) Participants will place their tennis gear against the east or west fences on the ground next to a fence post (will ensure spacing of at least 6-10 feet apart)
5) Participants will stay with their bags until all girls have entered court.
6) Participants can remove their masks once inside the court and at their fence spot.
7) Participants will be reminded about distance protocols (6 feet from one another and 10 feet from coaches)
8) Participants will be reminded about the only bathroom available is the outdoor football stadium one.
9) Coaches will go over expectations and practice plan for the session.
10) When breaks are given, participants will return to where their gear is located. After break is over participants will hand sanitize again before returning to practice.
11) Once session is over, participants will return to their gear, place masks back on and will be asked to leave one at a time keeping the 6 foot social distancing protocol in place (sanitize hands as they leave).
Free Minnesota State High School League Sports Physicals
TRIA is offering sports physicals (MSHSL pre-participation exams) for high school student athletes. All exams are completed by primary care sports medicine physicians and orthopedic surgeons. Athletic Trainers will review each student athlete’s history prior to seeing the physicians and will provide optional ImPACT tests. At TRIA, we care for athletes of all ages and abilities. We’re proud to be team physicians for the Minnesota Twins, Wild, and Whitecaps.