Health Start Clinic | Gordon Parks | OPEN | Information linkedHERE
The Saint Paul Public Schools Athletics Department is opening the summer coaching waiver period starting Monday, June 15.
The summer coaching waiver period allows coaches to contact athletes and schedule practices and workouts during the summer months when there is no school. The summer coaching waiver period will consist of two phases. The first phase will include outdoor activities from June 15 - August 6. The second phase will consist of indoor activities from June 22 - August 6.
Due to the continued presence of COVID-19, a variety of guidelines, expectations and daily procedures will be implemented to keep all coaches and athletes safe. These include hand-washing requirements, COVID-19 screening questionnaires, enforced coach-to-athlete ratio limits and sanitation recommendations, among many other protocols.
All athletes must register with their coaches before being allowed to participate. Please contact your athletic director with questions about registering for the summer coaching waiver period. Please note, failure to follow the expectations, procedures and guidelines as outlined by SPPS will result in the student athlete being immediately dismissed from the program with no refund issued.
Thank you for supporting your child and Saint Paul Public Schools
WELCOME to Girls' Tennis at Highland Park Senior High School!
Summer Practice Season is here!
We have been given the okay to start summer practices. These practices will be strictly voluntary. At this point, we will be able to have 18 (new ratio 9 players to 1 coach 6/18) girls sign up, 9 for the morning and 9 for the afternoon session. If you sign up for a session, we ask that you commit to coming to those 6 sessions, so as not to take a spot away from someone else interested.
I will send out the sessions with pod player names (see below) once all forms have been turned in by June 20th. Sessions are at no cost and are on a first come first served sign-up policy, so please send back your completed forms asap. I will update the HP Girls’ tennis homepage throughout this week with player names once they are signed up.
Sessions will be 90 minutes long and have strict guidelines upon showing up, while at practice, and when leaving. Please read through all of the materials thoroughly and contact me if there are any questions that may arise. While we are excited that we can practice, we also want to take extra precautions around Covid and keep everyone as safe as possible.
Session Dates (Please Choose either Session 1 or 2):
Session 1 (Coach Shaw): Weeks of June 22nd, June 29th, & July 6th @ HP High School Court 1
Tuesdays, & Thursdays 9:00AM-10:30 AM
Session 2 (Coach Grundhoefer): Weeks of June 22nd, June 29th, & July 6th @ HP High School Court 1
Tuesdays & Thursdays 3:00PM-4:30PM
*There may be a second session starting the week of July 13th, depending on the interest level of the first sessions. I will send out more information about that in the next couple of weeks.
Session 2 Participants
Registration: All students must pre-register. Parents and players are required to read the attached document. In person registration is not accepted, due to tracking and tracing practices. Please download the registration form and/or print out PAGE 4 of the form (SPPS Summer Guidelines & Stay Safe MN Order) on your IPAD and have you and your parent sign and send back to me @ Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Failure to adhere to expectations/procedures/guidelines as outlined below will result in the student athlete being immediately dismissed from the program.
**After reading the SPPS Guidelines and the STAY SAFE MN Order on the attached document, please read the safety guidelines specific to our tennis practices this summer below..
Daily Tennis Guidelines @ HP High School:
1) Coach will meet participants (10 feet distance), one at a time (socially distanced outside court), at the gate entrance to the court and ask the Covid questionnaire before they are allowed to enter. Answers will be recorded on paper for tracking purposes.
2) Participants will enter court with masks on and with their tennis gear through gate after questionnaire is passed.
3) Participants will use hand sanitizer upon entering the court and before placing gear down.
4) Participants will place their tennis gear against the east or west fences on the ground next to a fence post (will ensure spacing of at least 6-10 feet apart)
5) Participants will stay with their bags until all girls have entered court.
6) Participants can remove their masks once inside the court and at their fence spot.
7) Participants will be reminded about distance protocols (6 feet from one another and 10 feet from coaches)
8) Participants will be reminded about the only bathroom available is the outdoor football stadium one.
9) Coach will go over expectations and practice plan for the session.
10) When breaks are given, participants will return to where their gear is located. After break is over participants will hand sanitize again before returning to practice.
11) Once session is over, participants will return to their gear, place masks back on and will be asked to leave one at a time keeping the 6 foot social distancing protocol in place (sanitize hands as they leave).
1) New cans of tennis balls will be utilized for each session of the initial first week of practice.
2) After each session, tennis balls will be placed in a separate box where they will remain inside the tennis shed until the following week, thus ensuring a minimum of 3-4 days between usage. This will be repeated throughout the practice sessions.
Captain's Practices: To be Determined-dates would be from August 3rd-14th. I will update this as soon as I hear back from our AD on how this will be handled.
Season Starts | August 17, 2020 | 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. You must have all paperwork and fees turned into the Athletic Office. When that is complete, you will receive an activity pass that should be given to Coach Shaw in order to practice.
Week 1 Varsity/JV TBD
Week 4 and rest of school year= 3:20 start time for Varsity and JV players
SIGN UP!! | Paperwork is not yet available to turn in. I will let you know when paperwork becomes available and when Mr. Auran will be in the Athletic Office.
Free Minnesota State High School League Sports Physicals
TRIA is offering sports physicals (MSHSL pre-participation exams) for high school student athletes. All exams are completed by primary care sports medicine physicians and orthopedic surgeons. Athletic Trainers will review each student athlete’s history prior to seeing the physicians and will provide optional ImPACT tests. At TRIA, we care for athletes of all ages and abilities. We’re proud to be team physicians for the Minnesota Twins, Wild, and Whitecaps.